Happy Friday Everyone! We made it!
You probably know by now from pervious posts and my social media that we recently took a trip with six month old Theo Shane. Travel is very important to MK and I so we want to instill that in Theo and start him out early. Having said that, I had no idea what to expect so I thought I would share a couple things we learned along our little journey with our little one. But first, I feel it's important to say that this is just what worked for us in our situation and I can only hope that it could help if you find yourself in the same position.
Our Baby Travel Tips:
1. Go into it with an open mind, relaxed attitude and try not to stress.
2. Have a plan for everything! A blowout, a meltdown, hunger, boredom. Anything. Think about any scenario that could happen. Was that Theo's original cute Adidas tracksuit that I had planned for him to be in? Nope.
3. If you're flying have baby suck on a bottle going up and down. It will help their ears.
4. Don't panic. If baby starts crying just roll with it. Yes it's stressful and airplane seats are small but odds are it won't last.
5. Things I always had on me at all moments: Clorox wipes, Tide pen, and Honest Company hand sanataizer spray. These are all just great to always have in the diaper bag too.
All in all Theo did really well on the plane and throughout our whole trip. Now the trick is getting him back on his normal schedule. Send help.
After all the travel you need a drink! Since we were in The Keys I though it was only appropriate to make a Sea Blue & Boozy. It's the most perfect summer drink!
Fill your glass 3/4 with Prosecco, add in Triple Sec and Vodka, then add a splash of Blue Curacao. Garnish with orange. Enjoy!